Top 5 Doorbell Cams 2023
Last Updated – June 4, 2023
Do you want to keep an eye on who comes and goes to your house whether you’re at home or away? Sounds like you’re in the market for a decent doorbell cam. The popularity of these devices has greatly increased over the past couple of years, as the camera technology has come along in leaps and bounds. But with so many different models available to choose from, it can be tough to know which one is right for you. That’s why we’ve tested the top 5 doorbell cams online to see which one comes out on top.
We set our standards extremely high, mainly factoring in video quality, surveillance features, privacy, ease of use and durability. Surprisingly, none of the big brands came close to competing with the device made by a small US startup.
- Enjoy crystal clear HD video
- Monitor all arrivals with full motion detection
- Wide-angle lens for head-to-toe viewing
- Never miss a package with instant phone notifications
- 24/7 monitoring with full IR night vision
- 2 way audio for instant communication
- Frequently Sells Out
- Good HD video quality
- Motion Detection
- Powered by rechargeable battery
- Ring protect plan
- Easy setup
- Poor night vision
- Mixed reviews
- 3 hours event video history
- Works with Alexa and Google assistant
- Well known brand
- Always on – no charging needed
- Poor video quality
- Difficult installation
- Great HD video
- 180 degree wide angle viewing
- Good night vision
- Fully wired
- Hard to setup
- Motion detection could be better
- HD quality
- Connects over WiFI
- 2 way audio
- Syncs with android and apple phones
- Video loading issues
- Sometimes slow playback
We Bought & Tested The Most Popular DoorBell Camera, Here’s Why Guard Cam is #1
Not all doorbell cams are created equal. There are hundreds of brands on the market that vary in price, video quality, surveillance features, price, installation methods and other features. It quickly becomes overwhelming trying to make a choice on which ones to buy.
Over the years we have tried most of the doorbell cameras on the market. Everything from cheap bargain-basement cams to the more expensive models. Many of them (even the big brands) can have poor video quality, be hard to use, bad privacy features or just aren’t up to scratch in a number of other ways.
The latest doorbell camera to hit the market is called Guard Cam, and it has won the hearts of consumers all over the world with thousands of five star reviews. It is a device equipped with a really high quality camera, vastly improved surveillance and anti-theft features, enhanced motion detection and night vision to name just a few.
We were intrigued, and ordered one from their official website. We were super excited to see the package arrive safely just 3 days after we placed our order. It was time to put Guard Cam to the test!
Our Test Results
Doorbell cams have been around since 2012. Until now there were 2 kinds of doorbell cams – cheap devices with barebones features for homeowners, and expensive models for professionals. But there was no affordable alternative for the everyday user that came with the security features you really need.
Guard Cam is one of these affordable doorbell cams with high-end, essential features. This device has actually some of the best security features, build quality, and video quality on the market.
Guard Cam is made so that literally anybody can use it. It puts the focus on what other brands lack; creating easy to use doorbell security cams packed with high-end surveillance features at an affordable price, as well as protection against unwanted interference and intelligent security and privacy benefits.
You don’t need to have any experience or knowledge of doorbell cams to use Guard Cam. It’s very easy to get started, even if you’ve never used a smart doorbell before.
Guard Cam is set up in less than 3 minutes and ready to go right out of the box. Just attach outside your home in minutes using the included mountable bracket, install the smartphone application and it’s ready to start monitoring your property! All you need is a Wi-Fi connection, and you are all set for complete home surveillance with 24/7 real-time access from anywhere in the world.
Superior Video Quality
The superior video quality of Guard Cam is one of its most important features. It is equipped with a high-resolution camera offering crystal clear footage both day and night.
This camera also has wide-angle view mode to cover even more area, while the infrared night vision technology ensures that you get maximum visibility even in complete darkness. The integrated two-way audio allows you to communicate with your visitors without having to open the door!
All in all, this device provides reliable security surveillance with detailed images and videos, giving you peace of mind at all times. Guard Cam will make sure your property is always safe and secured.
Guard Cam is equipped with multiple camera modes to help you get the most out of your surveillance experience.
- Live View Mode: Get real-time footage from anywhere in the world with its Live View mode, so you can monitor your property at any time. You will also be able to view recorded videos and images.
- Motion Detection Mode: This mode enables you to detect sudden movements and send alerts right away via push messages or emails.
- Night Vision Mode: The device comes with a built-in infrared LED light that allows it to record videos even in complete darkness with up to 30 feet of visibility range!
- Two-Way Audio Mode: This feature allows you to communicate with anyone who is near to your property
Some important features
Guard Cam comes with several important features that make it stand out from the rest:
Geo-Fencing: Set up a virtual boundary around your property and receive notifications when anyone enters or exits the area.
- 1080p HD Video Quality: This device offers high quality video footage for maximum clarity and detail.
- Two-Way Audio Mode: Communicate with visitors directly from your phone via this feature.
- Smart Notifications: Get real-time alerts when motion is detected, so you can be alerted of any suspicious activity in real time.
- IR Night Vision: The integrated infrared lights allow you to get clear images even in complete darkness!
The main downside to Guard Cam is how popular they have become. The manufacturer is struggling to keep up with the demand and there are no guarantees that they will have stock available.
Furthermore, there are many scams and knock-off versions of Guard Cam out there trying to leech off its success, so be sure to purchase from the official website and get it now before supplies run out.
Purchase and delivery
Purchasing and receiving your Guard Cam couldn’t be easier.
To keep prices low, they only sell online from their official website. And they even offer a 30-day money back guarantee so there is absolutely no risk. You can simply send your purchase back for a full refund if you for some reason don’t like the cam anymore.
Their delivery process is quick and simple as I got mine within 3 days of purchase. I didn’t have to contact their customer support once which I feel is standard these days, so that’s a big plus.
Where Can I Buy Guard Cam?
To take advantage of the current 50% discount and order simply follow these steps:
- Visit the official website
- Select the amount of devices you want to purchase
- Fill your shipping information and payment method
- Enjoy round the clock surveillance with HD video quality!!
Reviewed By: Harry Wilson
Harry is one of our most trusted consumer product reviewers. His background spans over 15 years in electronics and recreational products. He has a strong history of testing electrical and outdoor equipment.
Have secured their homes with a DoorBell Camera on Consumer Tested Reviews
How we rate?
This score is based on four key metrics – extensive testing, level of benefits, customer feedback and brand reputation. We set exceedingly high testing standards for our readers so you can have full confidence in our recommendations.